Wear Appropriate, Comfortable Clothing When Birding
There really is no such thing as “Bird Watching” clothing, so let us think about the best way to dress when you go bird watching.
1. Wear something comfortable during hiking. Avoid bright colors, which alert birds to your invasion into their habitat.
2. Wear a brimmed or billed hat, not just for your protection, but to shade your face from birds. They can recognize human faces and consider us dangerous.
3. Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals. Sneakers OK if your bird watching area is dry.
4. Cover your legs. You will be dealing with insects and skin-damaging vegetation.
5. Pay attention to weather, and be certain to bring along appropriate protective gear.
Put together several weather appropriate outfits today
There are many ways to get away on a tour vacation. Birding tours are usually among them, although they are seldomly among the featured tours. Simply enter “bird” in the search block to identify these tours. In addition, there are often opportunities to add personal bird watching to open air tours.
8-Day Baja Bird Watching Adventure
Baja California, Mexico http://shrsl.com/1h1vx
Traverse the peninsula on this fully-guided multi-day exploration of an array of birding habitats. Visit landscapes ranging from mountains and sand dunes to the largest wetlands on Baja’s west coast. Baja is home to hundreds of local and migrating bird species.
Isango offers a variety of tours all over the earth, a number of them being bird tours.